Unusual Front Gardens #17: Chillies


The houses by Regent's Park in London are extremely des res, but without much in the way of a front garden. Instead, planters and windowboxes with lots of tasteful topiary and clipped shrubs with the odd bit of lavender are the norm. I was photographing some examples to show you, then to my delight I found the planting at the last house contained a twist which elevated it to my Unusual Front Garden series.

I think the addition of luscious red chillies amongst the more usual heather, cyclamen and Skimmia gives the planters a festive looking touch too.

Comments

  1. Do you think they have a gardener!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows? I don't know how much back garden these properties have....

      Delete
  2. It's lovely, very tasteful, but different too. I really like the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That red really lifts the arrangement doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. Very jolly. Perhaps I should get hold of some to include in my bike handlebars display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, they look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project